DMCA Policy was last updated on May 1, 2020.
Metropolitan Chess, Inc. ("Metro") respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. Pursuant to this goal and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). 17 U.S.C. section 512(c), a copyright owner may submit a takedown request with the listed DMCA Agent below.
To submit a valid DMCA notification, please follow the instructions below:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright holder/owner or someone authorized to act on behalf of the owner who has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work in question which the owner claims was infringed. If there are multiple copyrighted works in question, then you should submit a list of all such works;
- Identification of the infringing material that the copyright holder wants removed and information sufficient for the service provider (i.e. Metro) to locate the works in question (e.g. the URL of the page in question)
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party such as name, physical address, email address, phone number, and fax number;
- A statement that the complaining party, in good faith, believes that the content in question and the use of the material in the manner complained is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in your notification is accurate and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
If you are the recipient of such a takedown due to a copyright violation and a copyright infringement claim, you may provide a counter-notification to us to have the material in question restored to the site. To submit a valid counter-notification, please follow the instructions below:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- A description of the content that was taken down and the location of where the material was before it was taken down;
- A statement that in good faith, and under penalty of perjury, you believe that the content/material in question was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which the address is located. If you are located outside of the United States, then your statement should say that you consent to jurisdiction of any judicial district in which the service provider is located. And you should state that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original copyright infringement notification.
Should we receive such a valid counter-notification, we may send a copy of such counter-notification to the original person alleging copyright infringement and that we may replace the content within 10 (ten) business days. We may replace the removed material in 10 (ten) to 14 business days following receipt of the valid counter-notification unless Metro’s DMCA Agent listed below receives a notice that an action has been filed regarding the infringing activity related to the material in question from the original notification.
THIS DMCA NOTIFICATION PROCEDURE IS NOT TO BE ABUSED. IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT THE MATERIAL IN QUESTION IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL PENALTIES SUCH AS MONETARY DAMAGES AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES.
Modifications to DMCA Policy
Metro may modify its DMCA Policy at any time and for any reason. We will always have the most current version of our DMCA Policy on our site.
Send all notifications pursuant to this section to our DMCA Agent.Copyright Manager
Metropolitan Chess, Inc.
P.O. Box 25112
Los Angeles, CA 90025